Monday, October 24, 2011

If I become a foreign exchange student senior year how will that effect my credits in school?

I live in America and I would like to be a foreign exchange student in England for my senior year in high school. The only problem is that I don't know if that would be a good idea considering the academic standards needed to graduate when I get back. So can someone explain what will or could happen being a foreign exchange student during senior year please?If I become a foreign exchange student senior year how will that effect my credits in school?Yes, with this experience it counts as a positive point in your curriculum, universities like people that are not afraid to accept opportunities and they really like people that have as different experiences as possible. That is why they are strong in letting people from all over the world apply to the university.If I become a foreign exchange student senior year how will that effect my credits in school?First, I assume that you are a high school student.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but many organizations have suspended their programs to England/Scotland/Wales/UK due to a difficulty in getting student visas. That being said, there are options for other exchanges, even English-speaking ones. If you would like to investigate those options, email me or post another Y!A question.

With respect for how going on exchange will affect your credits in school, that depends on MANY factors, mostly the school that you now attend and the school that you attend while on exchange. You will have to check with your school counselor. To give you an idea of what MIGHT happen, I'll tell you what our school would do (I live in Wyoming). If an exchange student goes to a foreign school that is accredited by the Commission on International and Trans-Regional Accreditation (CITA), it would be just like going to any other accredited school here in the USA - grades and credits would transfer, there would just bee some paperwork involved. If not, it would be like going to a home school - credits could transfer, but not grades (which MIGHT affect GPA and school raking).

Again, it is absolutely imperative that you talk to your school counselor. Remember that no exchange program can tell a school what to accept, they can only help you get the information you need to give to your school so that the school can decide.

If you have not already picked out an exchange organization, please make sure that they are listed with the Council for Standards on International Educational Travel (csiet.org).

Good luck to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment