Monday, September 19, 2011

How do I become an exchange student?

I'm in high school, and I live in Australia and want to be an exchange student in England or France.

How do I become an exchange student, and how much does it cost? If I were going to France, would I already have to know how to speak French?



Also, how is it like to be an exchange student if anyone has experience?How do I become an exchange student?you first need a program

you should try AFS.How do I become an exchange student?Lions Clubs Have a program Contact a local clubHow do I become an exchange student?There are many organizations who can work with you on this. I am a 5-time host mom and volunteer (in the USA) with Youth For Understanding (YFU). YFU does have programs to France. Unfortunately, many organizations (including YFU) have suspended programs to anywhere in the UK due to a difficulty in getting student visas.

If you go to France, you will need to have studied French - 2yrs if you go for a long-term program, 6mos if you go for a short (8-week) program. The cost depends on how long you go, but is between 5000 and 9450 (for this year) (http://www.yfu.com.au/documents/YFU%20Pr As a note, it's most likely too late to apply for this year (2010-2011), but you should check with your local office.

I wish I could give you some information based on direct experience with going on exchange but I was not fortunate enough to be able to do that. However, if you go to http://yfuusa.org/american-students/more you can contact some former exchange students, including a couple who have gone to France.

Good luck to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment