Monday, September 19, 2011

How much do you think a school exchange trip to Peru would cost?

Our school hosts exchanges and I really want to go on an exchange to Peru, except I need to pay for it.



It's a humanitarian exchange where we help orphans and live with a host family for 2 weeks.



Other exchanges in our school cost...: Spain: $1500, France: $1800, Russia: $3300, Ireland: $2500, and Italy: $4000.



I'm wondering if it is near the lower or upper end. If anyone can help that would be AMAZING! Thank you :]How much do you think a school exchange trip to Peru would cost?It all depens on what you do. I don't think it would be more than France. Life is cheaper in Peru. I went there and stayed at my friend's house for 2 weeks and spent $600How much do you think a school exchange trip to Peru would cost?Well It all depends on your school, I guess there is not a big difference with tuition at all. For example at my school CSULB there are many IP programs, for this summer my school has the following destiantions:



Florence-Italy

Guayaquil-Ecuador

Crete-Greece

Madrid-Spain

Seoul-Korea



well according to the flyers a student must pay around 2000-3000. They include tuition and I think that housing too.



If you were to go to Ecuador your money will last you longer, I guess that with less than 1000 dollars you could survive for 6-7 weeks. But in Europe I dont think that will be enough....



Why dont you school if there is family that could take you in their home, and try to plan a budget in advanceHow much do you think a school exchange trip to Peru would cost?You obviously need to talk to your school about potential programs, for the most part though they are all expensive and unfortunately the biggest benefit for the organization you are volunteering for is the profit they are making off of your admission and not your service.



You can imagine that it is hard enough for an orphan to not have a solid family, but to have someone he meets and becomes enamored with leave him/her ultimately in the end, that can lead to emotional issues and trauma.



That is why I am not a fan of those programs, I would rather recommend that you find a program that aims at bettering communities in the Andes by helping to build houses or plan within communities, working for progress etc.



I invite you to my own organizations volunteer program if you are 18+, we offer free room and board plus an affordable $25 a week meal plan. Our volunteers help gather information regarding Peru to build the Internets largest informational database on the culture of this country. You get weekends off to travel the country at our agencies confidential prices. Perupedia is the project and you can read more about it here: http://www.karikuy.org/volunteer

No comments:

Post a Comment