Friday, September 23, 2011

How would I go about becoming an exchange student?

I'm seriously considering finishing high school in Tokyo, but I have no idea how to get the process of becoming an exchange student started. If someone could please explain this to me, it would be greatly appreciated.How would I go about becoming an exchange student?You have two options:

1. Go with a exchange organisation

2. Apply directly with a school that offers an program for international students.



For option 1. apply with an exchange organisation (AFS, YFU, Rotary for a start) and they will guide you through the process. Check out their websites for more details.

For option 2. check the school websites.



I'd recommend option 1 unless you wish to study for longer than a year :)How would I go about becoming an exchange student?Have you looked at CCI - Center for Cultural Interchange?

Otherwise, check with the state department. They regulate exchange programs and should have a list of various organizations.

I'm a CCI Rep so let me know if you're interested in us.

FYI: Japan is very expensive. I read in another post that you're looking at about 11,000 USD for a year in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment