Monday, September 19, 2011

How to prepare to be an exchange student when I turn 15?

I'm currently 13. But I've considered becoming an exchange student once I am 15, and I've set my marks to go to Japan. I only have one slight problem. I don't know where to start. I have a goal to raise my grade, however, I think I'll need to learn Japanese. I live in Wisconsin, and there aren't many language classes around here besides Spanish, French and German. I need help. What should I start on besides my grades?How to prepare to be an exchange student when I turn 15?Firstly you should find a program and apply (theres no limit on how early you can apply. You can apply at 13 and go at 15. Which could be a good idea because of the cost of the programs, spreading payments over 2 years or so woukd make it alot more affordable especially if you were able to get a shcolarship with it (the organisation you apply with will have information on them).

Also you need to generally have 2years of learning Japanese to go (this isn't allways the case) but I'd recomend knowing as much a possible before going. What your really need to do is find at tutor to teach you. If theres anything else you need to ask more specific questions.



Good exchange organisations

EF

ROTARY

AFS

YFU

(theres more but my memories shitee atm)How to prepare to be an exchange student when I turn 15?I would personally recommend Rotary because it's a very grounded organization with support all around the world. Not to mention a full year is only 4,000 dollars compared to 11. I'm going to be doing an exchange next year with them, and so far, from what I've heard from past students, it's the best.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment