Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How can I backup my mailbox on from a hosted Exchange server?

I'm thinking about switching hosted Exchange providers, perhaps even running my own Exchange server as I have in the past. The big challenge is to store my calendar, contacts, etc in such a way that they are easily transferrable to another Exchange server mailbox. Backing up other items such as categories would be nice, but not essential, as I believe those are stored locally in Outlook 2007 ( my client ). Thanks in advance!How can I backup my mailbox on from a hosted Exchange server?First in Outlook, choose File, Inport/export then next

Choose Personal Folder file then next

Choose the top item in your mailbox, Include Subfolders, checked, next

Choose a path for the file, leave the Options and finish

When it's done, you have a complete backup of your mailbox.

When you're in your new Account with the new provider,

Do just the oposite.

File, inport from another program or file, next

Scroll down to Personal Folders file then next

Choose your file in the path and choose next

Choose the mailbox; import in the same folder and finish!

That should do it!How can I backup my mailbox on from a hosted Exchange server?You can export and import contacts, and export the calendar. The calendar may be more difficult to import.
  • Duvet sets for toddler beds
  • games
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment