Wednesday, November 24, 2010

There's this guy I like but.. how can I tell that he's interested when I've hardly got to interact with him...?

I like this guy, and to be honest I haven't really been able to speak or hang out with him much at all. It's been extremely brief encounters over the past year and not much has been exchanged. I feel like approaching him at all will be coming on strong, so I'm looking for some advice:



The first thing he did was get up from across the room (not a big room, didnt need to get up and come over to me to talk to me or answer my question), and leaned against the door (i was standing outside a doorway) giving me a very interested glance ,but as I was in a hurry I brushed this off (ugh, I hate that I did that and didnt realize it until it was too late!). Well actually, before I was interested in him, we ran into each other in a store and he kept staring at me from across the room almost the entire time.



After experiencing a loss, and after not seeing him for probably 3-4 months he comes out of the blue (well, not really I guess :P But except for me, he had no reason to show up when he did) with a hug and saying if I need anything to let him know.



There's a decent age gap between us (I am 19, so I am legal if anyone was wondering lol) and that makes me a bit hesitant (but not against dating him really, because I like him that much), but I am wondering if I should just approach him and be honest. Is that enough to approach him with? I think if he wasn't interested and was ashamed he would avoid me, as this has happened to me a lot in past interactions with men (older men have approached me before, found out my age, looked extremely flustered and did a 180 :( I know this guy knows how old I am ).



It's driving me crazy, and while I am dealing with my loss this is not something I want weighing on my mind. If he likes me back then great, if he doesn't, I can move on. He hasn't come on suggesting anything before but he really never had the chance to. I am going to have to go out of my way to deliberately stop him and explain my feelings, which it freaks me out that I will have to be this deliberate and that'll scare him. Ugh, but there is no other way.



Was what he said to me enough of an invitation to approach him? Would I guy I hardly know say something like that out of politeness? Ugh, the more I think about this the more hesitant I get X_X Does anyone have any tips?There's this guy I like but.. how can I tell that he's interested when I've hardly got to interact with him...?I think you should get to know him a little more before telling him that you like him. Then, from there, based on how it goes and his actions, tell himThere's this guy I like but.. how can I tell that he's interested when I've hardly got to interact with him...?ohh boy, well actually I know this situation, just man up and tell him. if it doesnt work out oh well there are SOOO many other guys out there just waiting to be found

No comments:

Post a Comment