Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I exchange large amounts of money internationally?

I have recently been working in the UK and have saved a bit of money. I am now moving back to Australia and I need to exchange and transfer the money from pounds into dollars into my Australian account. Do I do this before I leave England or do I do this when I arrive in Australia?

Also will I be charged for this and if so is it a percentage or a fixed fee?

Also should I do this on a day when the pound is high and the AUS dollar low?How do I exchange large amounts of money internationally?Use half of your money to buy a draft in Australian dollars with a London Bank.Take your remaining money in pounds back home. When you exchange your pounds, exchange when its rate is high against the AUS dollar.This way you get more AUS dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment