Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How can my high school do an exchange with a high school in Spain?

My high school recently did an exchange with students from France. Students at my school hosted a class of students for free of charge and it was successful. I would like to do another exchange in which students from Spain come and students would host the students from Spain for free. Is there a program that help with this? How can this be done?How can my high school do an exchange with a high school in Spain?When I was in high school, my school also had a sort of mini-exchange with a school in Mexico City. One year, a group of students from there came to see us for a week and the next year a group of students from my school (including myself) went there for a week. (We just had to pay airfare and food when not with our host families.) In both cases, it was just a teacher at each school that took care of everything (except for getting the airline tickets - the teacher contacted just a regular travel agent for that). That was 20yrs ago. I would think that better communications would make it easier to do not than back then.

I'm not sure if there's any kind of list or something of schools in Spain who would want to do this or not. Perhaps your Spanish teacher has some kind of contacts (s)he could use to get the ball rolling.

Good luck!



EDIT:

Since the time the students are abroad is so small and this a private arrangement, I would think that the immigration people would just see this as a large tourist trip - no visas (at least nothing beside the stamp one gets at the airport after touching down) required. (Other countries would be different.)
  • fish
  • How big for a toddler quilt
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment